Minimize Your Expenditure
- You can eliminate your expenses for a gym membership. You may find a place where you can get gym facilities free of cost. Or try working out at home!
- If possible, avoid eating in restaurants. You’re an adult now, try making your own meal at home! This will save you lots of money.
- Travel expenses are a major factor when you are trying to minimize your expenditure. Before you go to that beach you’ve always wanted to go to, plan your budget ahead of time! Wait for airline promos and book your stay in a hostel or Airbnb. This could help you save tons of money.
- Milktea and lattes — we know, we know, we are all guilty here. Did you know that an average Filipino student spends P2,000 a month on these drinks? Yep, maybe it’s time to try cutting them down.
Design Your Budget
- Set realistic goals
- Identify your income and expenses
- Separate needs and wants
- Put your plan into action
Earn Extra Money
- You can join as a part-time teacher in educational institutions by choosing a suitable time.
- Try applying as a barista in your favorite local coffee shop. Many students do this because most cafes offer flexible time and they are always in need of baristas!
- English tutors are very in demand these days. Lots of international companies offer this job position. Plus, English tutors are well-paid!